The HOBO Water Level Titanium is recommended for saltwater deployment for recording water levels and temperatures in wetlands and tidal areas. This data logger features high accuracy at a great price and HOBO ease-of-use, with no cumbersome vent tubes or desiccants to maintain.
- Lightning protection – no long signal wires, and electronics are shielded in a titanium housing for saltwater use (see the Water Level logger sensor location drawing)
- HOBOware Pro software provides easy conversion to accurate water level reading, fully compensated for barometric pressure (see demo) temperature, and water density.
- Multiple-rate sampling (see demo) allows faster sampling at critical times such as when pumping starts or stops.
- Available in 4 depth ranges
- Ideal for use in wells, streams, lakes, wetlands and tidal areas
- No-vent-tube design for easy reliable deployment
- Available in stainless and titanium versions
- Durable ceramic pressure sensor
- 3-point NIST-traceable calibration certificate included
In what environment does this data logger operate?
This data logger operates in outdoor and underwater environments.
What measurements does this data logger support?
The U20-001-03-Ti data logger supports the following measurements: Absolute Pressure, Barometric Pressure, Temperature and Water Level
|Pressure and Water Level Measurements U20-001-03 and U20-001-03-Ti|
|Operation Range||0 to 850 kPa (0 to 123.3 psia); approximately 0 to 76.5 m (0 to 251 ft) of water depth at sea level, or 0 to 79.5 m (0 to 262 ft) of water at 3,000 m (10,000 ft) of altitude|
|Factory Calibrated Range||69 to 850 kPa (10 to 123.3 psia), 0° to 40°C (32° to 104°F)|
|Burst Pressure||1200 kPa (174 psia) or 112 m (368 ft) depth|
|Water Level Accuracy*||Typical error: ±0.05% FS, 3.8 cm (0.125 ft) water
Maximum error: ±0.1% FS, 7.6 cm (0.25 ft) water
|Raw Pressure Accuracy**||±0.3% FS, 2.55 kPa (0.37 psi) maximum error|
|Resolution||<0.085 kPa (0.012 psi), 0.87 cm (0.028 ft) water|
|Pressure Response Time (90%)***||<1 second; measurement accuracy also depends on temperature response time|
|Temperature Measurements (All Models)|
|Operation Range||-20° to 50°C (-4° to 122°F)|
|Accuracy||±0.44°C from 0° to 50°C (±0.79°F from 32° to 122°F), see Plot A in manual|
|Resolution||0.10°C at 25°C (0.18°F at 77°F), see Plot A in manual|
|Response Time (90%)||5 minutes in water (typical)|
|Stability (Drift)||0.1°C (0.18°F) per year|
|Real-time Clock||± 1 minute per month 0° to 50°C (32° to 122°F)|
|Battery||2/3 AA, 3.6 Volt lithium, factory-replaceable|
|Battery Life (Typical Use)||5 years with 1 minute or greater logging interval|
|Memory (Non-volatile)||64K bytes memory (approx. 21,700 pressure and temperature samples)|
|Weight||Stainless steel models: approximately 210 g (7.4 oz)
Titanium models: approximately 140 g (4.8 oz)
|Dimensions||2.46 cm (0.97 inches) diameter, 15 cm (5.9 inches) length; mounting hole 6.3 mm (0.25 inches) diameter|
|Wetted Materials||Titanium, Viton® o-rings, acetyl cap, ceramic sensor|
|Logging Interval||Fixed-rate or multiple logging intervals, with up to 8 user-defined logging intervals and durations; logging intervals from 1 second to 18 hours. Refer to the HOBOware software manual.|
|Launch Modes||Immediate start and delayed start|
|Offload Modes||Offload while logging; stop and offload|
|Battery Indication||Battery voltage can be viewed in status screen and optionally logged in datafile. Low battery indication in datafile.|
|The CE Marking identifies this product as complying with all relevant directives in the European Union (EU).|
* Water Level Accuracy: With accurate reference water level measurement, known water density, accurate Barometric Compensation Assistant data, and a stable temperature environment.
** Raw Pressure Accuracy: Absolute pressure sensor accuracy includes all sensor drift, temperature, and hysteresis-induced errors.
*** Changes in Temperature: Allow 10 minutes in water to achieve full temperature compensation of the pressure sensor. Maximum error due to rapid thermal changes is approximately 0.5%.