The Ultrasonic Wind Speed and Direction Smart Sensor is compact and rugged with no moving parts. Because this sensor is ultrasonic it is able to measure very low wind speeds, down to 0.4 m/s (compared to 1.0 m/s for our mechanical sensors). As with all Onset smart sensors, this sensor is plug-and-play with HOBO stations (RX3000, USB Micro Station, H22, and the U30-NRC). Because it is automatically recognized by HOBO stations, there is no need for programming, resulting in fast and easy deployment. The sensor is powered by its own built-in solar panel.
- Compact and rugged with no moving parts
- Plug-and-play with HOBO stations
- No starting threshold – suitable for low wind speeds
- No wind direction dead band – accurate wind data in all directions
- Powered by its own built-in solar panel
- Affordably priced
In what environment does this sensor operate?
This sensor operates in an outdoor environment.
What measurements does this sensor support?
The S-WCG-M003 sensor supports the following measurement: Wind